Monday, January 4, 2016

Back in..... AGAIN!!

Well these past couple weeks have been difficult with me as far as training goes. Christmas vacation, I work as a School Nurse, I had EVERY intention of swimming and running!! Well we went out of town for Christmas. And I did neither.  I started swimming on New Year's Eve. That went well. Ran the next day, swam the next.   It was a Saturday.  I brought Amy with me!! We NEED some training together. Poor girl!! She got in the pool and proceeded to swim 16 laps!! 16!!  I think I got to 8!!! I thought..You go girl! :-)
Needless to say, I have a LOT of work ahead of myself. I need to be able to swim 20 laps, in a 25 meter pool, In order to survive this Triathlon.  I'm still hoping and praying I can make it too at least 16 laps.  However this was the first time I went that far.  I have anxiety about the water. Every time I'm in and swimming I gain more confidence and less anxiety.

I too am signed up for the Iron Girl.  I signed up the first day within 2 hours of them going live. I'm excited, scared, butterflies.... And more!

1 comment:

  1. Negative thoughts and negative voices in your head are your biggest enemy. Prepare to do battle with them every day of training and on race day too. Every day that you defeat them, they become smaller and less of a factor. Get yourself a big stick (positive thoughts) and be prepared because the voices will not be going away... Go gettum Mary...

    ReplyDelete